GoodNovel FAQ

124»

Comments

• Hello there! It is said here that "After posting the novel, it will appear on GoodNovel." but my posted work doesn't appear, It only says that "Your book info is in review. It will be available soon." It's been three days <3

• What are the requirements to get contract by GoodNovel?

• Is the contract for whole life time?

• how do i change my payment method from paypal to bank account?

• How can i know the ending chapter number before i spend money on an ongoing book/soap opera?

• I get notifications that I have been messaged or tapped; but can't see any of that. Where should I be looking?

• edited January 18

Hi. Simple question. How do I change the Chapter Title? It has to be easy but it's got me beat. Thanks, in advance

• It's all good. I figured it out. Had a blonde moment :#

• edited January 22

Is it possible to change the Pen name? Or do I need to open a new account?

• To publish a book is it obrigatory to include the author´s picture (photograph)?

• Hello there~ May ask about the contract? Does it not include chapters made before the contract is signed?

• I would like to ask if it's possible to change the account information under paypal, I messed up the receiver's name.

• Meu rendimento está zerado, o que estou fazendo de errado?

• im going to goodnovel.

• Hey, I am quite new on here as an author (been a reader a while) I just uploaded my first lot of chapters for my novel. I just wondered, does italic work on the mobile app? I can see it works on the web, just need to know as it is quite important and will need to make edits if this is the case!

• edited February 17

I have signed a contract but it has been a month and half and still they have not paid me the first month fees. My editor is not replying now and in past she keeps telling it will be in few days. I am trapped. They dont pay me for even the first month and now i am scared to upload more in second month. What to do?

• Hello. Please how do I change my account info. I need to change some details.

• edited February 22

HELLO EVERYONE IN THIS FORUM I JUST WANT TO HELP BECAUSE I AM SEEING SO MANY PEOPLE ASKING QUESTIONS AND NEVER GET RESPONDED TO SO HERE IS EVERYTHING YOU KNOW, PLS. NOTE THAT I AM NOT AN EDITOR OR STAFF AND J AM ONLY A WORKING AUTHOR HERE

WHY AM I NOT PAID?

For people WHO WANT TO SIGN EXCLUSIVE and who is expecting the AMOUNT IN WRITER BENEFITS LISTEN UP, DAMMIT.
    Guys. You will be paid only if you sign an exclusive contract and reach the word count for PREMIUM WORDS, that means you will need to ask your editor to lock your chapters after signing because LOCKING YOUR CHAPTERS WILL MAKE YOUR NOVEL GO PREMIUM.

CONTRACT SIGNING, WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:

Give a good outline on your novel because this will help the editors give a go on your book. (PLOT, CHARACTERS, WHAT YOU WANT THE ENDING TO BE, IT MUST BE WELL-WRITTEN AND NO GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, ALSO, PLS CHECK YOUR FIRST 5 CHAPTERS BECAUSE IF IT IS BADLY WRITTEN, THEN THE EDITORS WILL LESS LIKELY TO SIGN WITH YOU, PLS DONT HALF-ASS YOUR NOVEL BECAUSE IF YOUR EDITOR FINDS OUT THAT YOU HAVE MANY MISTAKES AND DO NOT BOTHER TO CORRECT THEM, THEY CAN TERMINATE YOUR CONTRACT)

Contract offer takes at least 7-30 days. If you want to get contacted sooner then find an editor. You can find them in Facebook group of Goodnovel

DOES THIS PLATFORM PAY OR YOURE JUST LYING?
    Duh, it does. Why would I even be here at the first place? Yes Goodnovel pays, go to the Facebook group and you'll see the magic.

WHEN DO THEY PAY YOU?
    -Paypal, Payoneer, Bank Transfer
    -10 of every month but will not exceed 26th
    -ALSO TAKE NOTE THAT THERE ARE FEES. SO YEAH, FRICK.

HOLY CRAP I MESSED UP MY ACCOUNT DETAILS:

YOU CANT CHANGE THEM. ONLY EDITORS CAN
    As for the people who messed up their account payment method information, YOU WILL NEED TO CONTACT AN EDITOR TO CHANGE THEM.

(I am not an Editor but a new writer in GoodNovel, I got signed at Jan 2021 so I'm new, and yes, I love it. If you want to be an author and be part of this community then I suggest you guys to join the Facebook group of Goodnovel which is GoodNovel Readers and Writers Group. In this group you can ask help to get an editor and get your story contacted. There is also a Discord server that you can join if you navigate through the Contact page of this website. SO MANY EDITORS ARE IN THE GROUP)

• If your book is on exclusive contract, can you still put it on Amazon?

login to comment.